- Awards of up to £500
- Open to Clarsach players of all ages
- For instrument hire, private lessons or courses with Scottish content
Each year, The Clarsach Society offers Bursaries to encourage promising players at any level who have limited resources, financial or otherwise.
Bursaries up to five hundred pounds (£500) are awarded for use towards the cost of tuition and accommodation at an approved course with a Scottish content, (e.g. Edinburgh International Harp Festival), or alternatively the use of a harp provided free for one year. Any member of The Clarsach Society, with the exception of trustees, may apply.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 1st November 2023.
How to Apply
1. Any member of The Clarsach Society, with the exception of Trustees, can apply:
- Unsuccessful applicants may re-apply in future years.
- Successful applicants may not re-apply.
2. The Bursaries are intended to benefit and encourage promising players at any level who have limited resources, financial or otherwise.
3. The awards will be a sum fixed by The Society’s Music Committee (up to £500) for use towards the cost of tuition and accommodation at an approved course with a Scottish content (e.g. Edinburgh International Harp Festival). When appropriate, the bursary may take the form of the use of a harp provided free for one year, possibly extending for up to 3 years.
4. Applicants will be given consideration by The Society’s Music Committee.
5. All entries must be submitted with:
- A completed application form.
- A confidential recommendation written by a sponsor: being a recognised music teacher, (who need not be a clarsach teacher) or other person with appropriate knowledge able to comment on the applicant’s general potential ability.
6. Applications must be submitted by November 1st each year.
7. Successful applicants will be asked to report on a fixed date(s) on how they have used their bursary or use of a harp for our records.
8. Completed application forms and sponsor recommendations should be emailed privately to email@example.com by 5pm on November 1st in the year of application.
9. If you have any queries or special requirements, contact the National Office via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 (0)131 554 0212.