Harp Hire – Conditions of Hire
I wish to have my name placed on the waiting list for the hire of a clarsach from The Clarsach
Society. I have read and understand the rates and terms of hire listed below and
agree to abide by them.
- Persons wishing to hire a clarsach from the Clarsach Society may have their names placed
on the waiting list by completing the application form and sending it to the Administrator with
the non-returnable registration fee as shown in the “List of Charges” in the Information
Leaflet enclosed or on the Society’s website at: www.clarsachsociety.co.uk. Applications will
be acknowledged with an indication of the applicant’s place on the list and an estimated
- Clarsachs are only available for hire to paid up members of the Clarsach Society and
therefore persons on the waiting list must join one of the Branches of the Society before
being allocated a clarsach. Membership must be maintained during the period of hire.
- The monthly hire charge and non-refundable admin charge payable at the commencement
of the hire are in the Information Leaflet or on the Society’s website. The preferred method
of payment is by monthly standing order.
- Hirers will be required to sign a Hire Agreement at the commencement of the hire.
- The clarsachs remain the property of the Society at all times and the payment of a hire
charge does not entitle the hirer to any right of ownership.
- Clarsachs are allocated by the Administrator as they become available.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to arrange for the collection and eventual return of the
clarsach from and to the Administrator in Edinburgh. (Hirers will be informed when they
apply as to where to collect or return the Harp)
- Harps are not insured by the Society. Hirers are advised to include the harp in their own
domestic insurance policy against loss or damage while in their care.
- Clarsachs are supplied with a soft carrying case and a tuning key. The replacement of
strings with ones of the correct type and gauge is the responsibility of the hirer. Any damage
sustained by hired clarsachs must be reported to the Administrator at once.
- The Society reserves the right to have reasonable access to its instruments during the
period of hire, for insurance/inspection purposes.
- Failure to comply with any of the above conditions may jeopardise the right of a person to
continue the hire.