Young Composer Award Application Form
- All entries must be received by 5pm on the closing date of Wednesday, November 30th 2016.
- The work must be the unaided work of the entrant and be an original composition. It must not have been previously performed, published or disseminated in any way.
- The full score in pdf format plus recording of the composition in MP3 format must be submitted together.
- The recording must match the score.
- The composer’s name should not be stated on the score or MP3 file.
- Entrants under 18 year of age must have permission to enter this competition.
- The successful entrant must also be willing to write a short report on winning the award for publication in the society’s Annual Report and on its website.
- The copyright of the music shall remain with the composer.
- The cost of the premier performance only, including travel costs for musicians involved (limited to travel within the UK) will be met by Edinburgh International Harp Festival.
- The composer must be available to perform their composition at the Edinburgh International Harp Festival on Wednesday, 5 April 2017.
- In the case of a non-harpist submitting a work, it is the composer’s responsibility to find the artist(s) to perform the work at the premiere performance on Wednesday, 5 April 2017 at the Edinburgh International Harp Festival.
- The judges’ decision shall be final.
The competition is now closed. Applications are open from 1st August - 1st December.